This workshop will focus on how to adjust to changing roles within the family unit when the caregiver needs to assist with personal and intimate care such as bathing, dressing and incontinence care while still maintaining the dignity of the care recipient. Changing roles and communication will be a focus of this workshop.
Learn techniques in for providing personal care:
- oral health
- incontinence care
What to expect:
Lecture (1 hour)
- Covering tips and tricks, how to observe the health status of your loved one, resources and tools for assistance, hands on training.
Video of a Simulated Experience (1 hour)
Prior to the workshop, registrants will receive the following:
- Experience high potential scenarios that a caregiver may experience while looking after a loved one and go through appropriate decision making and the steps of care.
All participants will receive a digital badge upon completion of the workshop as evidence of their newly acquired skills.
- Instruction to access Zoom and how to use the online tool
- Information guide and resources
- Access to quick videos for just in time learning
Shaving from NorQuest College on Vimeo.
Denture Care Video
Denture Care from NorQuest College on Vimeo.